Sunday, July 5, 2009

When Boredom Strikes!

I was bored to death earlier today (not that I'm over from it right now, still bored I am!). Johan called saying he's spending the night somewhere near the jetty to Langkawi before heading to Padang Besar tomorrow. Got me thinking, how good is that if I were on the trip as well! *sigh*

So I browsed through Hanis (my lil sister) punya buku resepi cupcake. We decided to bake some to kill the boredom. And they came out delicious. Trust me! I have sweet tooth PERIOD so when I said they were good, it means they really are, I kid you not! The cupcakes impressed me, seeing that the recipe was taken from a kid's cooking book, or more like a beginner's book to bake. So here's the recipe, sharing is caring. And let me know how yours turns out.



The pictures are fugly. Pardon my lack of skill in photography. But they're GOOOOD!


ORANGE CHOC SWIRL

INGREDIENTS:
3 eggs
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
juice of an orange
zest of an orange
1/4 cup cocoa powder


INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 160c. Line a 12-cupcake pan with cupcake papers. In a medium-sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add butter and sugar, then mix until light and fluffy.
2) Add milk, flour and baking powder, and stir to combine. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy. Divide mixture into two bowls. Into bowl one, add orange juice and zest. Into bowl two, add cocoa. Add 1/2 mixture into each cupcake paper and gently stir with a skewer to get a marble effect.
3) Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP