Saturday, December 26, 2009

Moroccan-themed Wedding

I've never thought of Moroccan-themed wedding before. But the idea struck on me when I attended my cousin's solemnization ceremony. She set up her own mini dais ala tent with colourful shades of kain. When I came home, I went googling the ideas and pictures from Google Images. I was so in awe I know I need to have this theme for my akad nikah as well. It'll make good pictures for the album because of the colors, decors and whatnots. The guests must be decked in colorful attires. That's compulsory. The more colors, the merrier!

Need examples? Here's my inspiration:



I absolutely heart this one. Pretty shades of pink, deep purple and lilac. It's girly but who cares...



I observed, apart from colorful paper lanterns (source: IKEA or Shaja), the antique brass lantern too plays an important part in the Moroccan-themed wedding. I know Romantika in Plaza Alam Sentral sells these lanterns in various sizes at reasonable prices. Might go and have a look whenever I'm on my lunch break.



These are few pictures during my cousin's solemnization ceremony. The nikah tent was in purple. I love the combination. Pretty!

7 comments:

huhu December 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM  

Hi there,

was blog hopping, and here I am.. bride2be juga.. hehe

omg, am like amazed on ur level of organization babe.. my hats off to u.. and 10 months to go too! sama la nanti.. will be october wedding.. insyallah..

i browsed ur blog, thats when I realised how much unprepared I am compared to u.. thanks for putting a lot of info too.. very useful esp to b2b like me..

Babe, where is dewan seri melati? last night I lepak putrajaya and saw dewan seri seroja at precint 16 (i think) sgt lah cantik malam.. wondering if u know whats the capacity and rent like..

thanks for the shaja link.. i was thinking nak order online dah paper lanterns..

well.. i guess thats it.. looking forward for more post k! :)

Elly Anaille December 26, 2009 at 2:39 AM  

yeay! same wedding on oct ye? looking forward to your big day! :D

dewan seri melati is opp istana mahkamah, at the same building with perbadanan putrajaya.

if i'm not mistaken, the rental of dewan seri seroja is 1.9k on weekend for 1 whole day. you can google over their website for more info.

anyways, good luck in preparing your wedding, babe!

huhu December 26, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

hey thanks for the reply and visiting my site! :)

just asked mumsie about it, but she's like, wah jauh ke putrajaya pula kan if kami di kl..

tapi the dewan in putrajaya semua sangat cantik.. berangan juga nak kat situ..

moroccan nikah is something unusual for me and by the unique looks of it I am sure its outstanding! looking forward on how u plan for yours pula k babe.. take care *wink*

.:Cik Puan Ann:. December 26, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

hey babe!~
lame x 'nampak'?lame x post entry..hehe..anyway..i x jadi book kat putrajaya..request rejected by MIL.i already booked at shah alam. :P

OMG..u know what??moroccan would be my wed dream theme for my side..siap i da ada nama..haha..& sume pix u tuh i ada gak..if u suka..haremnights.uk tuh mmg byk info..i got inspiration frm there..i tought after i finalized my hall then nak post entry bout this..wait ya!~ :)

Elly Anaille December 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

wah wah ann! tak sabar ni nak tunggu u punya entry. gile suke btol dgn moroccan theme ni. nanti sama2 share ideas k. mwah mwah mwah!

Cik Belle December 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

morrocan-themed is nice.. me love too. =)

love to read your blog. i linked urs ya!

Elly Anaille December 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

hi cik belle..saya pun link awak juge.. :)

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP